These are some essentials that I have come up with that I have found to be very useful when out and about. Items may change depending on the age of your child, but you can alter the list to fit your needs.
The Right Bag
I am a HUGE fan when it comes to diaper bag backpacks. You have free hands, you don’t have to juggle anything on your arm, and all the weight is distributed evenly on your back. It is a lifesaver in the diaper bag game and I HIGHLY recommend anyone and everyone getting one!
This one in particular has plenty of room for your needs and many different compartments, along with being waterproof. There’s special places for bottles, wipes and a separate wet cloth pocket. Not only that, it comes in 19 different colors and patterns so you’re bound to find one you LOVE!
Contents of the Bag
- Diapers/Pull Up’s: 1 for each hour you will be out (if using diapers) plus a couple extra.
- Wipes: I recommend as full a pack as possible, so you never have to worry about being out and not having any on hand. Perfect for diaper changes, dirty hands and faces, as well as dirty surfaces.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Portable Changing Pad:
- Plastic Bags for Dirty Diapers:
- Bottles or Sippy Cup
- Stackable Snack Container: For older babies/toddlers
- Pacifier w/clip (If your baby takes one)
- Extra Clothes
- Baby Sling or Carrier of Choice
- Blanket: Good for keeping child warm, as a changing pad (if forgotten), or a cover to nurse. (If you choose)
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Compact First Aid Kit
- Portable Charger: You never know when you might need it.
- Gum or Mints
- Extra Shirt: Spit up, Leakage, Spills
I hope this helps when it comes to remembering what to pack in your diaper bag. Comment below telling me your must have item you pack in your bag. As always thank you for reading. Don’t forget to click the follow button on the right side of the page so you don’t miss any future posts.